It doesn’t matter if you are having a party or if you just want a fun meal, these Crock Pot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Nachos are awesome!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
As you know, we love anything buffalo around here…Wings, Sliders, Soup, Meatballs and we can’t forget these two dips. So when I saw this Crock Pot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Nachos recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker to the Rescue, I had a “why didn’t I think of that?!” moment. I knew it was going on the menu!
Crock Pot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Nachos Notes:
- These Crock Pot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Nachos would be a great recipe for a beginner since it is so easy. It is also great for those long-time cRockers that love a delicious, easy meal.
- The recipe says that it makes 6-8 servings, so I assume they mean it as an appetizer. However, in this house, we had it as our meal. So if you are using it for a main dish, you will get 3-4 servings out of it.
- The reheated leftovers were deeeelicious, so this would be a perfect two night recipe for anyone who only needs to cook for one or two people.
- I used my 2.5-quart polka dot crock pot for this recipe. The smaller portions worked perfectly for her smaller size. Hmmm…I’m starting to use this one more, so I guess I should name her. How ’bout Polly? Let me know what you think in the comments below. Or give me your suggestion!
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- garlic salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz bottle buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ lb pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 12 oz bag tortilla chips
- Put your chicken in your 2.5 quart slow cooker (I used my 2.5-quart polka dot crock pot)
- Sprinkle your garlic salt, salt and pepper all over your chicken
- Cover your chicken with your buffalo sauce
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, it is done when it is very tender
- Shred your chicken with two forks or with a mixer, draining off your excess liquid after shredding
- Add your ranch to your chicken and stir
- In a saucepan over medium heat, put in your cheese and tomatoes and stir until your cheese is melted
- Place a layer of tortilla chips on your plate, top with your cheese mixture, followed by your chicken mixture