I don’t know about you, but any recipe with cheese and bacon in it catches my eye! So I knew I definitely wanted to make these Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes from Gooseberry Patch’s Busy-Day Slow Cooking!
Aunt Lou here.
Cris calls me the Potato Queen. If you have ever noticed, I make most of the potato dishes around here. The reason for that? I love potatoes. I think my love started as a kid when Momma would make the best boiled potatoes. From there, my love for potatoes couldn’t help but grow. And these Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes just added to that love. Yum!
Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes Notes:
- This would be a great recipe to double and take to a pitch-in (aka potluck). My guess is that you will receive many requests for the recipe!
- I used my new Hamilton Beach Programmable Right Size Slow Cooker, who I have decided to name Allie because she is ALL in one. 😉 I love that I can choose to use her as a 2-quart, 4-quart or 6-quart slow cooker. For this particular recipe, I used her as a 4-quart, and it turned out great!
- Now the first time I made up these yummy Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes, they weren’t quite tender at 8 hours, so I set them for a couple more hours and continued to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I KNOW better! I have only made one other recipe in Allie, so we don’t have a history yet for me to just set her and go. I knew better. When I came back, the cheese was a bit past golden…aka burnt. So, I made it again and watched it more closely. This time, perfection. So learn from my mistakes people. Watch it closely the first time, that way you can enjoy it the first go-round instead of having to make it again…like me! 😉
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 4-5 russet potatoes, peeled, cubed and divided
- ¼ cup onion, chopped and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced and divided
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled and divided
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Spray your crock pot lightly with cooking spray
- Put half of your potatoes and onion in the bottom of your crock pot
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Top with half of your butter, bacon and cheese
- Repeat the layers (ending with cheese on top)
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-5 hours on high (it is done when your potatoes are tender)
Affiliate links were used in this post.