This Crock Pot Cheesy Party Mix is great for a party or just to have around the house to munch on! It was a hit with everyone in my family – from Michael to Iyla!
Aunt Lou here.
We were having people over and Michael requested that I make the Crock Pot Parmesan Ranch Party Mix again. That is when it hit me that I would love to try to make Crock Pot Cheesy Party Mix too!
Crock Pot Cheesy Party Mix
I wasn’t quite sure how to get the cheesy yumminess in this recipe, but with a quick trip to the spice aisle at the store, I found cheese sprinkles! Now, I know that this recipe doesn’t have as much “seasoning” as the Crock Pot Parmesan Ranch Party Mix, but with your cheese crackers and cheese balls, it turns out perfect! If you REALLY want to cheese it up, go ahead and add some more, but it is really yummy with just one container of cheese sprinkles.
Editor’s Note: I thought I was the only one that had never heard of cheese sprinkles before, but after multiple comments, I see that we are all in this together! So, I will explain a little more…cheese sprinkles are found in the spice aisle. I found them in my Jay-C in a rural town (seriously, we have just over 4,000 people in our entire town – I love it!), so I would assume that most grocery stores would carry it. The ones my grocery store had were in a 2 oz container that looked just like all the other spice containers. It is a yellow powder…and awesome! Enjoy!
Serves: 16-18 cups
- 1 c butter, melted
- 2 oz container cheese sprinkles
- 4 c Rice Chex Cereal
- 4 c wheat Chex Cereal
- 4 c pretzels
- 4 c cheese snack crackers
- 4 c cheese balls
- Mix together your melted butter and cheese sprinkles
- Pour the rest of your ingredients in your crock pot and mix well
- Pour half of your butter mixture evenly over your cereal mixture and stir gently
- Pour the rest of your butter mixture evenly over your cereal and gently stir until well coated
- Cook on high UNCOVERED for approximately 2 hours, stirring occasionally
- Once your Crock Pot Cheesy Party Mix is glazed lay out on parchment paper to cool
- When it has cooled completely, store in an air-tight container until serving
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I made this Crock Pot Cheesy Party Mix in good ol’ Cera…and she was FULL, so I would recommend a 6 quart or larger slow cooker for this recipe.
Affiliate links were used in this post.