This Crock Pot Cream Cheese Caramel Dip is great for a fun family treat, potlucks, bonfires or just because! The cream cheese takes your normal caramel dip up a notch…or twenty!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love
Updated now with a video from Mikey.
And a quick video too!
Note: If this video does not load properly, click the button below to watch on YouTube.
Aunt Lou here.
Let’s get real serious for a minute…this Crock Pot Cream Cheese Caramel Dip is over-the-top-awesome folks! Seriously.
When I was taking this picture, I told Michael he was going to have to eat a whole apple since I had to slice two. We had just finished dinner, so he was stuffed, of course. He told me that he might eat one or two slices, but that’s it. Well, you see who has a hand in it (repeatedly!) before I even finished shooting the pictures. And for the record, he ate almost an entire apple. 😉
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Caramel Dip Notes:
- This recipe is fast, so you have to watch it. I repeat, you have to watch this recipe closely. If you do not watch this recipe closely, I am guessing you will have a nasty mess on your hands. So, I beg of you, check on this often. The total cook time was only about a half hour for me (it may not be the same for your crock pot), so it isn’t hard at all. As soon as you see the cream cheese and caramel start melting, get to stirrin’!
- So as I was telling Cris about how scrumdiddlyumptious this dip was and how it was SO worth the little bit of effort it takes to make sure the caramels get melted down, she tells me that the grocery store she goes to has something called Caramel Bits for recipes just like this! That’s the difference between living close to a city or in the middle of corn fields folks! So if you have caramel bits available to you, go for it! Cris has used them in her yummy Crock Pot Caramel Dip and they worked wonderfully.
- In the picture, you might see some “lumps” in my dip. This is just where I didn’t stir it until smooth. Honestly, I really like the lumps in it, but if you don’t think you will, go ahead and stir until it is super smooth.
- Cris has been using her Dot for a while now, but I had a 2.5 quart oval crock pot that Michael’s grandparents had given him that I used. Well, I am heartbroken to say that I broke the lid while putting my slow cookers on my new/old-repurposed shelf that we put in the kitchen to hold all my crock pots. Of all my crock pots, this is the ONE that I never wanted anything to happen to above all. You see, both of Michael’s grandparents have passed since giving him the crock pot, so I called Crock Pot, searched Amazon, ebay, everywhere I could think to find a replacement lid, but I have yet to find one. I haven’t given up though! If you know of a place where I can buy a replacement lid for a 2.5 quart oval crock pot, let me know in the comments below! So anyway, I needed another 2.5 quart crock pot, so I bought my very own “Dot” (aka a 2.5 Quart Circle Crock Pot with pretty purple dots) and used her for this recipe. You don’t need a very big crock pot for this one.
- If you are going to be serving a ton of people, then you will want to double or triple this recipe (which will change the size of crock pot you need). I promise you it will disappear faster than you say super-amazing-deliciousness-on-an-apple!
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
- 11 oz bag of caramels, unwrapped
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Serve with your favorite apples
- Put your cubed cream cheese and unwrapped caramels in your crock pot
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on your crock pot)
- Around 10-15 minutes in, look to see if your cream cheese and caramels have started melting
- Once they start melting, stir frequently until well blended
- Stir in your powdered sugar until it is mixed in really well
- Serve with apple slices