Are you looking for yummy ways to eat your veggies or ways to get your kids to eat their veggies? I have you covered! This Crock Pot Creamed Spinach is so good, everyone will want to eat their spinach!
Aunt Lou here.
I have mentioned before that the texture of food greatly affects my eating abilities. So texture puts up a big wall between me and most veggies. Thankfully, my kids are young enough that they still haven’t figured out that mommy doesn’t eat all the veggies that she encourages them to eat! However, Michael eats just about anything and everything. So when I told him that I was excited to make this Crock Pot Creamed Spinach and he turned up his nose, I was quite surprised. BUT I knew that this recipe was going to knock his socks off, so I wasn’t too worried.
Once this Crock Pot Creamed Spinach was prepared, I asked him to give it a try. Again, he turned up his nose. I said, “Come on! Just give it a try!” This made me crack up because I am the picky eater, and he is always saying, “Come on! Just give it a try!” He gave it a try, and what do you know?! His eyes lit up, a smile spread across his face, and he happily admitted that it was wonderful! And when I took it to a potluck at church, the kids were gobbling it up happily! There wasn’t any left!
Crock Pot Creamed Spinach Notes:
- If you are looking for a delicious recipe that doesn’t take long to make, but has amazing flavor, Crock Pot Creamed Spinach is for you! I took one of Cris’ favorite easy recipe, Crock Pot Angel Chicken, and changed it up to use spinach. The results were awesome!
- I know that it sounds like a lot of food, but once you squeeze all the liquid out of the spinach, it really doesn’t leave as much as you would think.
- My 2.5-quart polka dot crock pot was perfect for this yummy side! Like I said, it doesn’t make as much as you think, so a 2.5-quart is the perfect size!
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 - 10 oz pkgs frozen chopped spinach
- ¼ Cup Butter- Melted
- ½ Cup Sherry (can substitute chicken broth)
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese- Softened
- 10¾ oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix
- Thaw and squeeze out the liquid of your spinach
- Place your spinach in your crock pot
- Put your remaining ingredients in a mixer and mix on slow for two minutes
- Pour your cream cheese mixture over top of your spinach and gently mix with your spinach until well combined
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.