Do you love meatloaf and want a quick and easy crock pot recipe? This Slow Cooker Cheddar Meatloaf is a delicious twist on your favorite meatloaf recipe!
Aunt Lou here.
I was flipping through my new Gooseberry Patch Foolproof Family Recipes and ran across the Mini Cheddar Meatloaves recipe. It looked really yummy, but as usual, I wanted to do things my way. (I am a youngest child ya know! 😉 ) So I just made a regular sized loaf and threw it in my slow cooker. I also switched up an ingredient or two to fit my taste…and it worked perfectly.
Oh. My. Yum. This was just amazing. Ryder kept asking for more and more…as did his Daddy! We paired it with these Crock Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes which makes about 10-12 servings. I suggested we try freezing part of the potatoes. Michael said I just needed to make this Slow Cooker Cheddar Meatloaf again. This recipe is so good that he wanted to eat it ALL WEEK LONG!
And on top of the wonderful flavor, it was super easy to throw together, and I didn’t have to buy anything to whip it up. That is always a bonus in my book!
Slow Cooker Cheddar Meatloaf
Lightly grease your slow cooker.
Place your milk, egg and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk until completely blended.
Add your cheese, quick-cooking oats, dried onions and ground beef to the egg mixture.
Mix all of these ingredients together until well blended.
Place in slow cooker and form into a loaf.
In a separate bowl, mix together your Red Gold ketchup and brown sugar.
Pour this over the top of your meatloaf.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
If you want to be all fancy, carefully lift this pretty little meatloaf out of your slow cooker and place on a serving plate.
- ¾ c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 t salt
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ c quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- ½ c dried onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅔ c Red Gold ketchup
- ½ c brown sugar, packed
- Lightly grease your slow cooker.
- Place your milk, egg and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk until completely blended.
- Add your cheese, quick-cooking oats, dried onions and ground beef to the egg mixture.
- Mix all of these ingredients together until well blended.
- Place in slow cooker and form into a loaf.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your Red Gold ketchup and brown sugar.
- Pour this over the top of your meatloaf.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Make sure the internal temperature is at least 160 degrees before serving.