If you are looking for a great ham recipe that is super easy, check out this Cola Crock Pot Ham! Michael’s Uncle Mark gave me the recipe, and we were in love from the first bite!
Aunt Lou here.
Michael’s Aunt Mary and Uncle Mark were in town and needed a place to stay while we had some family things going on. As always, people are really curious about what it is that I do. After I explained that I cook recipes to see if they are yummy and then put them on here for you guys if they pass the test, Mark was telling me about a great way that he makes ham. That worked out perfectly since Michael bought FIVE hams for $25! I was needing a new recipe to try out for you guys! And that my friends is how we got Cola Crock Pot Ham.
Cola Crock Pot Ham
So this is pretty easy. You do have to heat your coke and brown sugar on the stove until the sugar is almost all the way dissolved, but that is about as hard as it gets.
- 7 lb semi-boneless fully cooked ham
- 12 oz can cola
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 20 oz can of pineapple slices
- Heat your cola and brown sugar in a pot on the stove on medium/high, stirring continually, until it is mostly combined
- Place your ham in your crock pot
- Pour your cola mixture over the ham
- Use your toothpicks to secure your pineapple slices on your ham
- Cover and cook on low for around 6 hours
- Remove your toothpicks and pineapple slices
- Slice your ham and serve
- If you are looking for more ham recipes, you can find a full listing of all our holiday ham recipes here.
- You will need to pick out your ham to fit inside your slow cooker or cut it down to fit. We typically try to find a 6-7 lb ham that is the right shape for the 6-8 quart slow cooker we are wanting to use. If your ham is just a little too big to get the lid on tight you can wrap aluminum foil around the outside of the lid to keep the heat in.
- We use a fully cooked ham in this recipe. Check your ham's packaging to see if there are any specific temperatures your ham needs to cook to per the brand's suggestion. If a specific temperature is necessary, we love using this meat thermometer while we crock pot cook. We love that you can leave the probe inside the slow cooker and it will ring an alarm when the ham reaches the correct temperature.
- Cooking times will vary GREATLY on this recipe depending on your ham size/shape and how hot your slow cooker cooks. Check it regularly to make sure that you do not over cook your ham. All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this delicious Cola Crock Pot Ham, I used my Travel Crock Pot. I actually took this ham to our small group (they gave it rave reviews!), so being able to secure the lid was a huge bonus! You will just need to make sure that your ham can fit in your crock pot with the lid on securely.