These Crock Pot BBQ Steak Sandwiches from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker are absolutely mouthwatering! We loved the amazing flavor of these sandwiches!
Aunt Lou here.
When I first saw this recipe, I almost skipped over it. Y’all know how much I love a good simple recipe, so when I saw a long list of ingredients, I didn’t think it would be simple at all. I am so glad I took a look and saw that it IS simple to make!
Crock Pot BBQ Steak Sandwiches
Yes, there are a lot of ingredients, but take heart, there aren’t a lot of steps! And all those ingredients? They make up one yummy sauce for your steak to cook up in and soak up!
Note: Also, this recipe calls for boneless beef round steak. If you can’t find that at your local grocery store, you can use another steak or roast cut of the same weight.
- 3 lbs boneless beef round steak cut into several large pieces
- 2 onions chopped
- 3/4 c celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 c catsup
- 1/2 c to 3/4 water
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- 1/3 c Worcestershire sauce
- 3 T brown sugar packed
- 3 T cider vinegar
- 2 t mustard
- 2 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/2 t hot pepper sauce
- 12-14 sandwich buns split
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Put your meat chunks, onions and celery in your crock pot
- Mix together everything else (except for your sandwich buns) and pour over your meat, onions and celery
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, your meat will be tender when it is done
- Take your meat out of your crock pot and let it cool slightly before shredding
- Place shredded meat back in your sauce and stir until thoroughly mixed and heated through
- Serve on your sandwich buns
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For these delicious Crock Pot BBQ Steak Sandwiches, I used my Travel Crock Pot. You are going to need a biggin’ to fit all of this in there, so I would recommend at least a 6 quart one.
Affiliate links were used in this post.