Winter just won’t go away! If you are looking for a yummy way to warm up you and yours, you should try this Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooking All Year ‘Round.
This seems to be the winter that just won’t die! So here we are on another freezing winter day (which is made even worse by the fact that yesterday is it was in the 70’s! ) literally. While I have declared that Ryder and I aren’t setting foot outside this house, Michael, however, does have to go outside.
If you have no other choice but to go out in the icy wind, wouldn’t it be nice to come home to this delicious, warm Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie?
To make it even better, this can be thrown together in a snap! I did make a few changes from the original recipe (because what’s the fun in leaving it the same?) to make the broth/gravy for the pot pie a little thicker…and the results were fabulous!
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
I already had exactly 3 chicken breasts cooked up and in the fridge waiting for a recipe, so this worked out perfectly for me. If the stars don’t align to where you already have the exact amount of chicken waiting in the fridge, cook up your chicken breasts and cut them into cubes.
Place your chicken and the rest of your ingredients (minus water and cornstarch) in your slow and stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-3 1/2 hours. It will be hot and bubbly when done.
Note: At this point, you will want to throw your biscuits in the oven so they will be done by the time you are done thickening up the gravy.
Once it is done, take 4 cups of the broth/gravy and place in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
While you are waiting for it to come to a boil, mix together your water and cornstarch.
When your broth/gravy is boiling, add in your water and cornstarch mixture. Make sure you stir continually until the mixture thickens.
Remove from heat as soon as it thickens and pour back into your crock pot. Stir it all together.
Serve over hot biscuits! I like mine just torn in half and covered with the yummy Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie mixture, Michael likes to tear up his biscuit and mix it all together.
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup 10 3/4 oz cans
- 2 c milk
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 2 c frozen peas and carrots
- 1 t salt
- 1 1/2 t pepper
- 4 T cornstarch
- 4 T water
- Biscuits- baked
- Put the first seven ingredients in a 6-quart crock pot and stir well
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-3 1/2 hours
- Once hot and bubbly, remove 4 cups of gravy
- Place gravy in saucepan over medium-high heat
- Mix water and cornstarch together
- When gravy comes to a boil, add cornstarch and water mixture
- Stir continually until gravy thickens
- When gravy thickens, remove from heat and pour back into crock pot
- Mix well and serve over biscuits.
Affiliate links were used in this post.