Are you looking for a quick and easy crock pot meal to feed a crowd or to serve up on a weeknight in a snap? This freezer friendly coney dog sauce makes up delicious crock pot coney dogs in no time flat.
Crock Pot Coney Dogs
One thing about any recipe we may find is that they can be tweaked to fit a certain like. This dish calls for more heat than we like in a meal so I cut the amount of chili powder in half. This gave it enough of a kick without making us tear up while we ate it. Although I though Cris was gonna tear up when she heard I made dinner for once 🙂
Time Saving Tip
During the last hour that this coney sauce was cooking I decided to save time and tossed a package of hot dogs right in the slow cooker with the sauce.
This not only let them cook up while the sauce was almost ready, but it also let them soak up some of the GOODeness from the sauce itself.
Freezer Friendly Recipe
This recipe makes enough coney sauce for 20 servings. Just in case you don’t have 20 folks to feed you can still put the leftovers in a freezable container to reheat again another day. Or, if you DO have 20 people to feed, you can still make ahead of time and freeze!
Classic Coney Sauce Notes
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Classic Coney Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1-2 packages of hot dogs during last hour of cooking
All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Psst… looking for those hot dog trays? They come in quite handy! You can find them here.
Affiliate links were used in this post.