Do you ever have a favorite recipe that you want to try out in your crock pot? Well, that is exactly what happened with this Crock Pot Sausage Egg Casserole…and man is it good!
Aunt Lou here.
A few years ago, Cris got Michael sausage from one of her farmer friends’ farms for Christmas. I thought the man was going to lose it. She is brilliant. It is the perfect gift for my food lovin’ husband. The meat is amazing and the seasoning is perfect! Ever since, someone has always made sure Michael got his sausage for Christmas.
One of our favorite recipes to use a pound of this sausage for is our Cheesy Sausage Egg Skillet. So as I was trying to think of what to make this week, I was thinking about some of our favorite recipes, and just knew I wanted to try this out in the crock pot.
Crock Pot Sausage Egg Casserole
So it is a wee bit different since you aren’t going to be breaking up the eggs up while you cook them, but the flavors of the eggs, cheese and sausage are still sure to please!
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb medium breakfast sausage
- 8 oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Brown your sausage in a frying pan on your stove over medium-high heat
- In a bowl, beat your eggs
- Add half of your cheese, salt and pepper and mix well
- Pour your egg mixture into your crock pot
- Sprinkle your browned sausage evenly over your egg mixture
- Top with remaining cheese
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (it is done when the eggs have set up completely)
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this yummy Crock Pot Sausage Egg Casserole, I used my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot. If you don’t have one, I would use a 3-4 quart slow cooker since it isn’t a big recipe. Make sure you watch it the first time you cook it and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Affiliate links were used in this post.