Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Pamela says

February 26, 2017 at 6:23 pm

I’m probably just missing something obvious (but I’m new to cooking, so please be kind) what are cans of French fried onions, please?

• Cris says

February 26, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Hi Pamela!
      They are the topping you often see on top of green bean casserole. You can usually find them near the canned veggies. French’s is a common brand of them. Hope that helps! Enjoy!

2. Ron says

September 9, 2015 at 6:01 pm

You stated in the recipe the you add 2 12oz cans of evaporated milk, then you said to Violet that you don’t ass the evaporated milk. Not sure what to do.

• Aunt Lou says

September 10, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Hi Ron!

Violet asked if she should add water to the soup and to the evaporated milk. I told her that she did not need to add water to the soup or evaporated milk. The recipe is correct. Enjoy!

Aunt Lou

3. Jean says

September 9, 2015 at 2:18 pm

The cheesy potatoes sound great but I can’t stand the canned french fried onions. (I know I’m the only one on the planet but I can’t help it). Can I use regular onions either diced or julienned and would it make a difference in the consistency?

• Aunt Lou says

September 24, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Hi Jean!

I would just omit the onions completely if you don’t like french fried onions. Since I haven’t tried it with any other type, I am not sure what amount to tell you to put in of any other type of onion. It should taste great without the french fried onions as well! Enjoy!

Aunt Lou

4. Violet fail says

September 9, 2015 at 10:15 am

This cheesy crockpot potatoes sounds good I’m going to try it but are you talking about the southern style potatoes? And the cheddar cheese soup do you add water? And what about the evaporated milk you don’t add WATER? Thank your will rate it better after I make it

• Aunt Lou says

September 9, 2015 at 11:33 am

Hi Violet!

Yes, they are southern-style potatoes. I have updated the recipe. 🙂 And you do NOT add water to the soup or evaporated milk. Enjoy!

Aunt Lou

We love hearing from you, it totally makes our day! Please remember, our comment section is much like our dinner table... You don't have to like everything we serve up, but you do have to use your manners.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Note: If you cannot find the comment form on this post, comments are closed. Unfortunately due to the amount of spam we receive, we have to close comments after an initial commenting period. However, if you have any questions or feedback, you can always email us at Cris@RecipesThatCrock.com. Psst... If you want to send us a photo of a dish you created from the site, we'd love to see it any maybe even feature it on Instagram!

We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!

We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!

Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!

You have Successfully Subscribed!