This recipe for Homemade Frozen Meatballs might be just what you are looking for if you love adding meatballs to your spaghetti or serving them up in a crock pot as an appetizer, but you don’t like the taste of store-bought frozen meatballs.
We serve up meatballs A LOT around here. They are a crock pot staple for us, particularly for parties. We have so many yummy meatball recipes that it is often hard to choose which one we will make. Oftentimes we will grab our 3 Pot Buffet Slow Cooker and put two or three different kinds of meatballs on for our guests to choose from…
Homemade Frozen Meatballs
Now, truth be told, most of the time I opt for the convenience of store-bought freezer meatballs for our recipes. However, I hear from readers from time to time, that some don’t like the taste of the store-bought meatballs.
I have found that meatball quality highly depends on the brand you buy. We prefer the generic ones from our local Walmart, but when they aren’t available, we have found ourselves with some less than desirable meatballs. Having a batch of homemade meatballs is a great alternative for those that don’t enjoy their store bought brands available to them.
Luckily, making up a batch homemade frozen meatballs is easy to do and a great go-to to have in the freezer. We found a great recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Mom Knows Best Cookbook and have been whipping up batches for our freezer ever since!
Quick Cooking Video: Meatball Trio
Note: If you have trouble viewing this video, click the red button below to watch on YouTube.
Homemade Frozen Meatballs
- Mix all ingredients until blended very well.
- Form into small balls (use a cookie scoop for uniform portions). Should make about 8 dozen meatballs.
- Place on lined ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool meatballs and then freeze in a single layer until frozen.
- Transfer meatballs to freezer bag and store in the freezer for future use.
- Use meatballs like you would store bought freezer meatballs.
Great Meatball Recipes
Now that you have a freezer full of great meatballs, why don’t you whip up some great appetizers for your next get-together? (Pin the image below or Yum this post to save this list)
- Italian Scallion Meatballs
- Sweet & Tangy Meatballs
- Tangy Pineapple Meatballs
- French Onion Meatballs
- Easy Party Meatballs
- BBQ Sticks & Stones
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Her site Recipes That Crock is dedicated to helping everyone find delicious recipes to serve their families every month.
Latest posts by Cris (see all)
- Electric Pressure Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup (Low Carb) - August 22, 2019
- Low Carb Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup - August 22, 2019
- Buttered Crock Pot Pork Steaks - August 21, 2019