Are you looking for a great recipe for left-over turkey? Or, are you just a fan of the foul? This great recipe for Hot Turkey Sandwiches is the perfect poultry dish for your crock pot for a family meal or even a potluck!
Updated with a video from Mikey:
I love turkey. It is our sandwich meat of choice.
And, while I love lunch-meat turkey, I really, really like left-over turkey from a roasted turkey. And, truth be told I cannot wait to try this recipe with some left-over turkey!
I am one of the few in my extended family that prefers turkey at the holiday meal, so I do get the majority of the leftovers–thankfully. I wouldn’t want to have to have words over the bird… just sayin’.
Hot Turkey Sandwiches- Crock Pot
But regardless of your turkey situation, this is one of those super easy recipes that is just great to keep on hand in case you find yourself entertaining a crowd or in need of a dinner idea for something that only takes a handful of ingredients.
We have been known to even serve this over egg noodles. It would also be good as an alternative to Turkey Manhattan over mashed potatoes.
I found the original recipe for these sandwiches in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites. This recipe calls for 8 cups of cubed cooked turkey, so I adapted it for lunch meat by using 2 lbs lunch meat.
Freezer Cooking Caution:
A full batch makes a hefty 12-16 sandwiches so I did try freezing it, but the lunch meat fell apart upon the reheating after freezing. I plan to try it with turkey leftovers in the near future and I will update this post once I do.
Hot Turkey Sandwiches – Crock Pot
- 8 Cups Cooked Turkey Cubed OR 2 lbs Turkey Lunch Meat
- 16 oz Velveeta Cubed
- 1 Cup Turkey or Chicken Broth
- 10 3/4 oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 14 Buns
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the buns-- you don't want soggy buns 😉 ) and pour into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the cheese is melted.
- Stir well and allow guests to self-serve.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Her site Recipes That Crock is dedicated to helping everyone find delicious recipes to serve their families every month.