Are you looking for a great recipe for left-over turkey? Or, are you just a fan of the foul? This great recipe for Hot Turkey Sandwiches is the perfect poultry dish for your crock pot for a family meal or even a potluck!
Updated with a video from Mikey:
I love turkey. It is our sandwich meat of choice.
And, while I love lunch-meat turkey, I really, really like left-over turkey from a roasted turkey. And, truth be told I cannot wait to try this recipe with some left-over turkey!
I am one of the few in my extended family that prefers turkey at the holiday meal, so I do get the majority of the leftovers–thankfully. I wouldn’t want to have to have words over the bird… just sayin’.
Hot Turkey Sandwiches- Crock Pot
But regardless of your turkey situation, this is one of those super easy recipes that is just great to keep on hand in case you find yourself entertaining a crowd or in need of a dinner idea for something that only takes a handful of ingredients.
We have been known to even serve this over egg noodles. It would also be good as an alternative to Turkey Manhattan over mashed potatoes.
I found the original recipe for these sandwiches in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites. This recipe calls for 8 cups of cubed cooked turkey, so I adapted it for lunch meat by using 2 lbs lunch meat.
Freezer Cooking Caution:
A full batch makes a hefty 12-16 sandwiches so I did try freezing it, but the lunch meat fell apart upon the reheating after freezing. I plan to try it with turkey leftovers in the near future and I will update this post once I do.
Hot Turkey Sandwiches – Crock Pot
- 8 Cups Cooked Turkey Cubed OR 2 lbs Turkey Lunch Meat
- 16 oz Velveeta Cubed
- 1 Cup Turkey or Chicken Broth
- 10 3/4 oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 14 Buns
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the buns-- you don't want soggy buns 😉 ) and pour into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the cheese is melted.
- Stir well and allow guests to self-serve.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Affiliate links were used in this post.