Crock Pot Peach Apple Sauce
Have I got a treat for you folks! This Crock Pot Peach Apple Sauce is super easy to make and will have everyone asking for more!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 10 mins
- 3 lbs sweet apples (I used gala apples), peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 16 oz bags frozen peaches , thawed
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate , thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2-1 cup brown sugar ,optional
Place your apple slice and peaches in your 6-quart crock pot (I used Corky, my Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker
Add your remaining ingredients and give it a good stir
Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally
Put your apple/peach mixture in a bowl (or blender) and mash with a potato masher, mixer or blender (depending on the consistency you prefer) and serve
- I wasn't sure if I was going to need a 4-quart or 6-quart slow cooker, so I pulled out my multi-quart. It definitely needed to be on the 6-quart setting. I love that I have the options of 2, 4 or 6 quarts on this slow cooker. If you are in the market, I highly recommend it.
- This is a flavorful apple sauce without the brown sugar, but the brown sugar makes it a sweeter peach apple sauce. If your peaches are already sweet and not tangy, then you might not need brown sugar at all.
- If you like your apple sauce chunky, use a potato masher. If you like it super smooth, use a blender. If you like it in between, use a mixer. I have tried it all three ways, and it awesome however you mash it up!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.