Crock Pot Rice Krispy Treats
Are you looking for an easy way to make Rice Krispy Treats without heating up the kitchen? Our Crock Pot Rice Krispy Treats are a great way to make your favorite childhood dessert without having to stand over the stove. And, with one simple trick, clean up is a snap! This method is great for travel, cooking with kids and anyone who needs a treat without access to a kitchen.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time12 mins
Servings: 12 people
- 1/4 cup butter , sliced
- 4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups krispy rice cereal
Turn your slow cooker on high and slice butter into a 6-quart slow cooker
(using a silicone slow cooker liner
is super helpful!)
Cover and let sit for a few minutes so your butter can melt
Pour in your marshmallows, cover and let it sit for 5 minutes while your marshmallows melt
Give your butter and marshmallows a good stir, cover for a couple more minutes
Stir your marshmallow and butter mixture until most of the lumps are gone
Add your cereal and stir until well coated
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and place your cereal mixture in it
Spray your hands with cooking spray and press your cereal mixture evenly into the pan
Let them cool completely before cutting and serving
- I highly recommend using a silicone slow cooker liner! It makes clean up a snap!
- Making rice krispy treats in your slow cooker is great for when you are traveling, don't want to stand over a hot stove or when you don't want to heat up the kitchen!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.