Slow Cooker Chili
This delicious Slow Cooker Chili was submitted by a reader, Julie Wetzel. We tried it out with some friends of ours, and it was a huge hit!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1.5-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 15.5 oz cans mild or hot chili beans with juice
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 32-46 oz tomato juice depending on how soupy you want it
- salt to taste
- dried red pepper flakes to taste
- If you want to make your chili spicy, you can use Brooks hot chili beans and lots of dried red pepper flakes. If you are not a fan of spicy foods, you can totally use mild beans and just a sprinkle of dried red pepper flakes.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.