Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder
Easy, hearty and delicious. Those three words are the perfect description of this amazing Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder! Yum!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 21.5 oz cans cream of potato soup (2-10.75 cans)
- 29 oz cans cream style corn (2-14.5 oz cans)
- 8 pieces bacon cooked crisply and crumbled
- 1.5 tablespoon bacon drippings reserved
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt pepper and garlic salt to taste
- Garnish: shredded cheddar cheese
Mix together your soup and corn in a 4-quart slow cooker (I used Corky, my Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker on the 4-quart setting)
Sprinkle in your bacon crumbles and drippings (if desired)
Pour in your milk until it reaches the consistency you desire
Add your salt, pepper and garlic salt
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours
If desired, sprinkle individual servings with shredded cheddar
- If you are going to cook this on high, you will want to be around to stir it every once in awhile.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.