Crock Pot Pork Chops and Cabbage Recipe
Our Crock Pot Pork Chops and Cabbage is an delicious family meal that is so simple to make with just a handful of ingredients.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 hrs
Total Time5 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 3 lbs Thick Cut Boneless Pork Chops
- Steak Seasoning -to Taste
- 1 Small Head of Cabbage- Chopped thinly
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Stick Butter- sliced
Place your cabbage into a 6-7 quart slow cooker.
Pour broth over cabbage and place butter evenly on top.
Season pork chops on both sides with steak seasoning and place on top of cabbage, layering if necessary.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until pork chops are fork tender and cabbage has cooked through.
- Choosing thick chops and cutting your cabbage into thin pieces is important. The thick chops allow the pork to cook long enough for the cabbage to cook down and the small cabbage pieces will cook faster so that the pork doesn't overcook.
- We used our 7 quart Cuisinart to cook this up, but this dish would do well in any traditional 6 quart slow cooker or even the casserole crock.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.