Crock Pot Beefy Tostada Pie
This delicious Crock Pot Beefy Tostada Pie is so easy to make! It is a great way to switch up taco night and everyone will be asking for more!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1.5 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- 7 burrito size flour tortilla shells
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Optional: Sour cream chopped green onions, taco sauce
- 3 strips of heavy duty aluminum foil 18 inch x 2 inches or 18" x 4" regular aluminum foil folded in half to make 18"x 2" strips
In a large skillet, brown your beef with your onion, salt, ground cumin, chili powder and garlic, drain and place in a large bowl
Stir your tomato sauce and black olives into your seasoned ground beef
Place your first foil piece (handle) down the side of your crock pot, across the bottom and up the other side, leaving "handles" at each end, repeat with other two foil strips in a wheel spoke type design so the handles are evenly placed around the top of your crock pot
Place one tortilla on top of the foil in the bottom of your crock pot and top with about a cup of the beef mixture, followed by about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and another tortilla
Repeat your layers 5 (with a tortilla on top to complete your pie)
Cover and cook on high for 60-90 minutes
If desired, lift up your Crock Pot Beefy Tostada Pie by the foil handles and gently place on an oven safe dish or cookie sheet and broil on high for 30-90 seconds, until the top browns and crisps up
If you do not wish to broil your pie, lift and place on a serving dish
Cut to serve and top with sour cream, chopped green onions, taco sauce and remaining cheese, if desired
- I recommend using a 3-4 quart round crock pot. I squeezed mine in a 2.5 quart, but it wasn't ideal...however, it will work in a pinch. The round size just makes it easier to place your tortillas in.
- Make sure you watch this while it is in your broiler. It can go from wonderfully browned to burnt in the blink of an eye. We really liked the way the broiler crisped up the top tortilla though, so I highly recommend it.
- Another thing I recommend is reheating it in the oven instead of the microwave. If you do it this way, it makes the leftovers wonderfully crisp instead of soggy.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all crock pots cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 668kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 1740mg | Potassium: 956mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1202IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 623mg | Iron: 6mg