Crock Pot Duck
Are you looking for an easy way to roast duck for a family or holiday dinner? Did you know you can easily make duck in your slow cooker? Our Crock Pot Duck recipe is super simple and is a snap to throw together.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 5 mins
- 1 Whole Duck Thawed with any packets removed.
- 1 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Mix poultry seasoning and seasoned salt together.
Season duck liberally with mixture.
Place a rack in your 6 quart slow cooker. Or, if you do not have a rack, make four foil balls to place in the bottom of your slow cooker to lift your duck off the bottom of the slow cooker.
Place the duck breast side down into your slow cooker on the rack or balls.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the duck reaches the internal temperature of 170.
If desired, place duck on a lined cookie sheet and broil on each side to crisp skin. Watch broiler carefully as to not burn skin.
- If you are using a non-stick multicooker and are afraid that the metal rack may scratch your non-stick coating, consider getting one of these silicone racks.
- We like to use a meat thermometer like this one to keep the probe in the crock with the lid closed to alert us when the internal temperature is at 170 so we do not overcook.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.