Crock Pot Italian Egg Casserole
Are you looking for a great low carb breakfast casserole that carb lovers enjoy? Our Crock Pot Italian Egg Casserole puts a tasty twist on your traditional breakfast egg casserole recipe.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Servings: 8 -6
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Bacon Grease
- 1/2 lb Provolone Cheese Thinly Sliced and Divided
- 10 Eggs beaten
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1.25 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 14.5 oz Can of Artichokes Drained and chopped
- 15 oz Jar of Roasted Red Peppers Drained and chopped
- 1/4 lb of Prosciutto or cooked ham/cooked bacon- Chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce.
Coat a 6-7 quart slow cooker with butter or bacon grease.
Mix eggs, salt/pepper, garlic, cream together.
Stir in artichokes, peppers and prosciutto.
Reserve enough cheese to cover top of casserole and chop remaining cheese and stir in.
Pour into slow cooker and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until eggs are set.
Top with cheese and drizzle marinara sauce over top of casserole and cover until cheese melts.
Slice and serve.
- This recipe was adapted from Eggs Italiana found in The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- We love using our non-stick multi-cookers for egg casseroles, but you can use any 6-7 quart slow cooker, just make sure to grease them well so the eggs don't stick.
- We use this low carb marinara sauce. If you are not eating low carb, feel free to just use your favorite sauce.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 288mg | Sodium: 1069mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1665IU | Vitamin C: 20.2mg | Calcium: 289mg | Iron: 1.9mg