Crock Pot Italian Egg Casserole
Are you looking for a great low carb breakfast casserole that carb lovers enjoy? Our Crock Pot Italian Egg Casserole puts a tasty twist on your traditional breakfast egg casserole recipe.
Servings: 6 -8
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Bacon Grease
- 1/2 lb Provolone Cheese- Thinly Sliced and Divided
- 10 Eggs - Beaten
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 14.5 oz Can of Artichoke Hearts- Drained and Chopped
- 1/2 15 oz Jar of Roasted Red Peppers- Drained and Chopped
- 1/4 lb of Prosciutto or cooked ham/cooked bacon- Chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce.
Coat a 6-7 quart slow cooker with butter or bacon grease.
Mix eggs, salt/pepper, garlic, cream together.
Stir in artichokes, peppers and prosciutto.
Reserve enough cheese to cover top of casserole and chop remaining cheese and stir in.
Pour into slow cooker and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until eggs are set.
Top with cheese and drizzle marinara sauce over top of casserole and cover until cheese melts.
Slice and serve.
- This recipe was adapted from Eggs Italiana found in The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- We love using our non-stick multi-cookers for egg casseroles, but you can use any 6-7 quart slow cooker, just make sure to grease them well so the eggs don't stick.
- We use this low carb marinara sauce. If you are not eating low carb, feel free to just use your favorite sauce.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.