Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
Are you looking for quick and easy instant pot recipe for chicken legs? Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks recipe is so flavorful and perfect for that off-the-grill taste! Looking for a low carb option? Use our Low Carb BBQ Sauce to make this a delicious low carb crock pot meal.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Natural Release15 mins
Total Time37 mins
Servings: 12 legs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or Brown Sugar Alternative
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 stick butter- sliced
- 12 chicken drumsticks skin on, bone in
- BBQ Sauce to taste or Low Carb BBQ Sauce
Pour chicken broth into the bottom of a 6 quart instant pot or electric pressure cooker and place pot rack on top.
Place all the seasonings and brown sugar into a gallon sized baggie and shake well.
In batches, throw chicken legs in the bag and toss to season well before placing into your instant pot rack.
Top with butter and seal lid-- making sure that your seal valve is set to seal.
Cook on Poultry or Manual Setting on High Pressure for 22 minutes.
Naturally release with the warming feature turned off for 15 minutes after cooking and then flip to quick release.
Place drumsticks on a lined cookie sheet and brush with BBQ Sauce.
Broil for 2-5 minutes (watching closely) on each side.
- We have used both our 6 quart Instant Pot and 6 quart Crock Pot Pressure Cooker to make these yummy chicken legs. Any 6 quart electric pressure cooker should work just fine. Or you could also make them in a crock pot using our Crock Pot Drumsticks recipe.
- We used our favorite low carb BBQ sauce to make this recipe low carb, but feel free to use your own favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Also, we provided an amazon referral link to our favorite sugar alternative, however if you want to make a bulk purchase, you may find it cheaper to buy directly from Sukrin (not sponsored– just what we use).
- Broilers much like crock pots all cook differently, so when broiling your chicken at the end, make sure you watch it carefully so you do not burn it.
- If you are using an 8-quart Instant Pot, you may need to use a half cup more liquid to make sure your Instant Pot will come up to pressure.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.9mg