Crock Pot Pork Chile Verde
This Crock Pot Chile Verde Recipe has become a low carb family favorite in our house. This slow cooker recipe can be served up a stew or spooned into tortillas for a delicious spin on taco night.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
- 16 oz Jar Salsa Verde- Divided
- 2 lbs Pork Shoulder Steak
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Anaheim Chile Peppers- Seeded and Chopped
- 1.5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Can Chopped Green Chilies- Undrained
- 6 Slices Crisp Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Sour Cream plus garnish
- Garnish- Sour Cream Avocado, Lime
Pour half of the jar of Salsa Verde into the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
Place pork steaks into the crock pot and top with peppers, bacon, butter and green chilies.
Add spices and seasonings and top with remaining Salsa Verde.
Cook on high for 4 hours.
Shred pork with two forks- removing any bones and stir back into stew with 1 cup of sour cream.
Serve as a stew in a bowl topped with garnish or serve with a slotted spoon into tortillas and top with garnish
- Note: If you are looking for the chicken version of this recipe, you can find it here: Crock Pot Chicken Chile Verde.
- This recipe was inspired by (but a bit different from) one we found in Easy Low-Carb Slow Cooking.
- We like using our non-stick multi-cookers to make for easy clean up. We've made this in our Gem Multi-Cooker and our Ninja Auto-iQ.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 885mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 871IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 8g