Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak Casserole
Are you looking for a delicious low carb recipe to satisfy your Philly Cheese Steak cravings? This Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is a creamy, cheesy family dinner casserole recipe inspired by the famous sandwich that is low on carbs and high on flavor!
- 2 lbs Beef- sliced or shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Bacon Fat or other cooking fat/oil
- 1 Cup Bell Pepper- Sliced
- 1 Cup Onion- Sliced
- 8 oz Mushrooms - Sliced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic - Minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- Salt and Pepper- To Taste
- 8 oz Cream Cheese - Softened
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
- 12 slices Provolone Cheese
If you have a multicooker with a browning feature, you can brown the beef in bacon fat in the unit. Or, if you are using a regular 6 quart slow cooker, begin by browning your beef in the bacon fat in a skillet on the stove.
Add the mushrooms, onions, peppers, half of the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook until it begins to become tender.
In a separate bowl, prepare your yummy creamy sauce by mixing together your cream cheese, mayo, remaining Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and cheddar cheese.
Mix together both your meat and sauce mixtures in your slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
After cooking, top with Provolone and turn unit to high and cook until cheese melts.
- This recipe was adapted to crock pot recipe from an oven recipe found in one of my favorite Low Carb Cookbooks: Cooking Keto with Kristie.
- We used a 6 quart multi-cooker to be able to brown our beef in the same unit as we slow cook in, but if you don't have a multicooker, you can use a regular slow cooker, just brown your beef in a skillet instead.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.