Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
Super easy, flavorful Tortellini Soup adapted from Gooseberry Patch's Hometown Christmas.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
- 96 oz Chicken Broth (2-48 oz containers)
- 10 oz Package Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 30 oz Cans Diced Tomatoes Basil Garlic and Oregano (2-15 oz cans) (or Diced tomatoes and add BGO on your own)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 18 oz Frozen Cheese Tortellini (2-9 oz pkgs)
- Shredded Mozzarella or Parmesan garnish
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker except tortellini.
Cook on high for 2 hours
Prepare tortellini according to package and add to soup.
Garnish bowls of soup with cheese.
Quick Stove Top Alternate
If you don't have 2 hours to crock, you can easily convert this recipe to a quick soup on the stove. Just heat your tomatoes, broth and spinach to a boil and add the tortellini right to the soup (no pre-boil) and cook until your tortellini are done. Dinner's on the table in about 20 minutes.