Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
Super easy, flavorful Tortellini Soup adapted from Gooseberry Patch's Hometown Christmas.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
- 2 48 oz Containers Chicken Broth
- 10 oz Package Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 2 15 oz Cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes Basil Garlic and Oregano (or Diced tomatoes and add BGO on your own)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 9 oz Packages Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- Garnish: Shredded Mozzarella or Parmesan
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker except tortellini.
Cook on high for 2 hours
Prepare tortellini according to package and add to soup.
Garnish bowls of soup with cheese.
Quick Stove Top Alternate
If you don't have 2 hours to crock, you can easily convert this recipe to a quick soup on the stove. Just heat your tomatoes, broth and spinach to a boil and add the tortellini right to the soup (no pre-boil) and cook until your tortellini are done. Dinner's on the table in about 20 minutes.