Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Ellen's Tortilla Soup from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 8 -10 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10- oz cans diced tomatoes and chilies with lime juice & cilantro
- 4- oz can chopped green chilies
- 15-1/2 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 c. Salsa
- Garnish: sour cream shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips
Put your chicken in your crock pot.
Add your chilies and tomatoes to the crock pot (juice and all).
Add your beans (drained and rinsed), tomato sauce and salsa on top.
Cover and cook on low for approximately 8 hours.
If made with chicken, removed the chicken breasts during the last two hours, shred with two forks (or your mixer) and return to your crock pot.
Serve in bowls with preferred garnishes.