Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast
Crock Pot Mississippi Pork- An easy dump and go all day slow cooker recipe!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 8 -10
- 5-6 lb Pork Roast
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Envelope Brown Gravy Mushroom Gravy or Au Jus Mix
- 6 Pepperoncinis
- Optional- 1/2 Cup Water if using a leaner roast such as a loin or tenderloin
- If you don't like peppers, don't worry... we don't eat the pepperoncinis we just use them to add flavor during cooking. If you are not a fan of their flavor, feel free to leave them off.
- I have made this recipe with all varieties of pork roasts. If you choose a leaner roast like a tenderloin or a loin, I like to add 1/2 cup of water to dilute the mixes since not as much liquid is produced as it is with a fatter roast.
- I am seriously considering putting this Au Jus Mix in bulk (oh look! The Ranch Mix comes in bulk too!) on my Subscribe and Save list. BUT until then, I substitute Brown Gravy and Mushroom Gravy mixes as needed depending what I have on hand.
- I used my 6 qt Stainless Finish Crock Pot but you can use any slow cooker you can fit your roast into. I like this one because it makes clean up a snap. LOVE that non-stick finish and I am using less and less Crock Pot Liners because of it.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- We make this recipe low carb by using the lowest carb mixes we can find.
- You can find more low carb recipes in our Low Carb Recipe Library that we update weekly.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. Your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.