Crock Pot Italian Mozzarella Chicken
Super simple Italian Dinner
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
6 Quart Crock Pot
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 t dried oregano
- 3/4 t dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz pkg penne pasta cooked
- 1/3 c green olives with pimentos chopped
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasonings on both sides
Place seasoned chicken breasts in a lightly greased crock pot
Sprinkle garlic evenly on top of the chicken breasts and cover with marinara sauce
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, chicken should be cooked through and tender
Place chicken breasts on a lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, set aside
Add your olives and Parmesan cheese to your sauce in your crock pot, stir and heat through
Place your baking sheet with your chicken in your broiler for 2-3 mins until the cheese is melted and golden (keep a close watch so it doesn't burn)
Pour your sauce over your cooked pasta and mix well
Serve chicken over pasta
- This recipe is from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites AND it's a recipe that just so happened to be submitted by fellow blogger, Cindy of Hun...What's For Dinner?
- I cooked this Crock Pot Italian Mozzarella Chicken in my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. Any 5-6 quart slow cooker would work just fine, this one is just SO easy to clean that I am in love with it. ;)
If you want to enjoy it Low Carb style, make sure to use a low carb marinara sauce (we enjoy both Rao's and Mezzetta brands) and substitute one of the following for the penne pasta:
- Low Carb Pasta (We enjoy this brand.)
- Whole Green Beans (Sauteed in Butter)
- Zucchini (Sauteed or Zoodles)
- Steamed Broccoli
- Riced Cauliflower
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 1434mg | Potassium: 1265mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 870IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 2.9mg