Crock Pot Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
This Crock Pot Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is the perfect dish to get your day started! The nuts and grains compliment the bright bursts of the fresh blueberries in this filling casserole.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
6 Quart Crock Pot
- 3 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Long Cooking Oats
- 1 Cup Cream of Wheat- uncooked
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Slightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 T Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
Mix all ingredients except blueberries and nuts.
Fold in blueberries and nuts.
Pour batter into your crock pot
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1½ -2 hours or until the casserole sets up
- When serving this up, it will tend to be crumbly if served warm... which is fine by us! But, if you want a more slice-able casserole piece, it will likely slice up better after cooling (but who wants to wait???)
- While we used a 9 x13 casserole crock pot, you can use a 5-6 qt oval, you will just need to watch it the first time to see how long it takes to cook up. When you get towards the end of cooking, you may want to remove the lid to let some of the steam evaporate and help the center finish setting up.
- I cannot predict how a dish will do if you choose to substitute for dietary restrictions because I have not tried those ingredients myself.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 1.6% | Vitamin C: 3.5% | Calcium: 8.9% | Iron: 5.1%