Crock Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal: Apple Cinnamon
Whether you have company coming over or a busy day tomorrow, wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a hot, yummy breakfast waiting for everyone when they wake up? Well, this Crock Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal is the answer to your prayers. And better yet, it is Apple Cinnamon flavored! Yum!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 -4
- 2 Apples Cored & Chopped (Peel if you like, I leave the skins on mine)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar I use Brown Sugar Splenda Blend
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Light Butter cut into pieces
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Skim Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Water note this is an ingredient for the inside of the bowl, additional water will be needed for double boiler
- Nuts or Raisins Garnish
- If you are looking for the bowls we used for this recipe, you can find them here.
- For this recipe, we used a 6-quart crock pot.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1.2mg