Crock Pot Parmesan Chicken Casserole
This Crock Pot Parmesan Chicken Casserole is the perfect one-pot meal for when you are craving an Italian-styled meal! Meat, veggies and pasta!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 14.5 oz can of carrots drained
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes undrained
- 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz box of rotini or penne cooked al dente
- 2 cups fresh shredded parmesan
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
Put a large pot of water on to boil. Add your noodles to the boiling water and cook until the noodles are al dente.
While your noodles are cooking, cut your chicken into bite size pieces.
Mix together your chicken, drained carrots, undrained tomatoes and spaghetti sauce in a large bowl.
Drain your al dente noodles and stir into your chicken mixture until everything is mixed up well.
Pour everything into a lightly greased casserole crock or 6-quart crock pot spreading it out evenly.
Sprinkle have of your freshly shredded Parmesan evenly on top, followed by your Italian bread crumbs and the rest of your freshly shredded Parmesan.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, turning halfway through cooking if your crock pot does not cook evenly.
- I used penne pasta because that was all that my store had. However, I wanted to use rotini, so either one will work.
- If you need something to shred your parmesan cheese, I HIGHLY recommend this Rotary Cheese Grater. It is awesome!
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.