Sugar Free Crock Pot Carrot Cake
Do you love Carrot Cake but need a sugar free alternative? Our Sugar Free Crock Pot Carrot Cake is low carb and absolutely decadent. The sugar free cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping for this moist and delicate cake.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar substitute, eggs, heavy cream and vanilla with a mixer until blended.
In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices until blended well.
Combine wet and dry ingredients until blended well and stir in carrots.
Pour mixture into the loaf pan and place pan into a 6 quart slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Cake will be very moist.
Cool cake completely and then top with frosting and divide into 8 pieces.
- The cake portion of this recipe was adapted from one found in Easy Ketogenic Diet Slow Cooking (one of my favorite low carb cookbooks).
- The icing for this recipe is VERY sweet, especially combined with the cake. If you would like a lighter tasting version, omit the icing and serve with a dollop of whipped cream instead.
- This recipe was intentionally made to be sugar free and low carb. I have not tried substituting sugar and flour in this recipe so I cannot predict how those substitutions would effect the quality of the final result.
- We use a loaf pan inside our 6 quart slow cooker to create a smaller cooking vessel, prevent burning and uneven cooking.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.