Electric Pressure Cooker Cola BBQ Chicken
Are you looking for a great electric pressure cooker recipe for your Instant Pot, Crock-Pot Express, etc.? Our Electric Pressure Cooker Cola BBQ Chicken is not only a family favorite, it is also low carb!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups Coke Zero
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- salt to taste
Place Chicken in a 6 quart electric pressure cooker, salt well and toss in the butter.
In a bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over top of chicken.
Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes or until chicken is shreddable.
Naturally release for 15 minutes before flipping to quick release.
Remove chicken from pot and shred in a mixer OR with two forks.
If a thicker sauce is desired, cook juices at a simmer on saute feature, stirring occasionally until sauce reduces to thickness desired.
Return chicken to sauce and stir well.
- This recipe features our very favorite low carb bbq cola sauce we adapted from one of our favorite low carb cookbooks: Bacon and Butter.
- You can find the slow cooker version of this recipe here: Crock Pot Cola BBQ Chicken
- If you are looking for other low carb recipes, you can find them all here.
- We have made this recipe in our 6 quart Instant Pot, Crock Pot Express and 6.5 quart Ninja Foodi, but you can make it in any 6-8 quart electric pressure cooker.
- If you cannot manually set your unit to high pressure for 10 minutes, just use a preset button (i.e. stew) that cooks on high pressure and allows you to reduce time to 10 minutes.
- We like to use boneless skinless thighs in this recipe. You can use chicken breasts, but they may cook a little faster.
- If you are looking for more electric pressure cooker recipes, you can find them here: Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes.
- Check out our favorite Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers, Multi-Cookers and Air Fryers in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Electric pressure cookers can cook differently, our recipes should always be tested first in your own unit and time adjusted as needed.