Low Carb Crock Pot Lasagna Casserole
Are you looking for a low carb alternative to lasagna? Our Low Carb Crock Pot Lasagna Casserole has all the flavors of your favorite dish with a fraction of the carbs! Our family loves this easy low carb crock pot recipe!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Resting Time1 hr
Total Time2 hrs 20 mins
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 lb sausage- browned and drained (2 lbs if you would like more sausage)
- 4 oz canned sliced mushrooms optional
- 16 slices chicken breast thin deli slices
- 12 slices mozzarella
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
Combine marinara, sausage and mushrooms in a bowl.
Spoon a couple spoonfuls of mixture into the bottom of a 6 quart or casserole crock pot and spread into very thin layer.
Add 8 slices of chicken slices evenly and top with 6 slices of mozzarella.
Add half of the meat sauce and evenly dollop dots of half the ricotta.
Repeat the layers beginning with the chicken, then mozzarella slices, then meat sauce and ricotta.
Top with mozzarella and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
For best results, let the casserole cool for at least an hour to make it more sliceable. Setting overnight in the fridge after cooking will produce even better slices. Just slice and reheat in microwave.
- This recipe uses an idea we adapted from one of our favorite low carb cookbooks: Keto Comfort Foods -- seriously LOVE this book!
- If you are looking for other low carb recipes, you can find them all here.
- We used our casserole crock pot for this recipe, but you can use a traditional 6 quart slow cooker and get similar results.
- We have made this with 1 lb of sausage and again with 2 lbs. Choose how much sausage based on how meaty you would like your sauce.
- While this dish is yummy right after cooking, it will fall apart, much like a typical lasagna recipe. And, like traditional lasagnas, for best results, let the casserole cool for at least an hour to make it more sliceable. Setting overnight in the fridge after cooking will produce even better slices. Just slice and reheat in microwave.
- Check out our favorite Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers, Multi-Cookers and Air Fryers in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.