Crock Pot Mozzarella Chicken and Rice
This Crock Pot Mozzarella Chicken and Rice is a cinch to make and gives you a flavorful dish to devour! You’re gonna love it!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2-2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- cooked rice
Put your chicken in a 4-quart crock pot
Sprinkle your salt, pepper, onion and green peppers on top of your chicken.
Pour your pasta sauce over everything.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Once your chicken has reached a safe temperature, give it all a stir. Sprinkle your cheese on top.
Cover and cook another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve your chicken, cheese and sauce over rice.
- If you need more servings, go ahead and double the recipe and use a 6-quart crock pot. I have not tried doubling the recipe, but would say that the cooking time should be similar. Be sure and watch it closely the first time you make it to be sure.
- If you want, you can save a little extra cheese to sprinkle on after placing your chicken on your rice. Up to you! I like lots of cheese (if you can't tell! ;) )
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.