Crock Pot Garlic Chicken
This Crock Pot Garlic Chicken Thighs recipe is super simple. Yet, the flavor and tenderness of the chicken can’t be beat!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium/high heat.
Brown all of your chicken thighs, about 3 minutes on each side.
Place your browned chicken thighs in a 6-quart crock pot, pouring the remaining butter/cooking juices over top.
Whisk together your melted butter and spices and immediately pour evenly over your chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
If you would like to brown up your chicken, place the thighs on a cookie sheet with a large, wide, slotted spoon and place in your oven on broil (Hi if you have the option of Hi/Lo) for 60-90 seconds, watching it closely.
- When you are browning your chicken, let it be for the 3 minutes on each side. Don’t bother it at all. It will make the browning process work much better.
- If you choose to use your broiler to brown up your chicken, do NOT walk away. Your broiler can take a recipe from perfection to ruined in the blink of an eye.
- This recipe makes a bunch of chicken, so it would be perfect for taking to a pitch-in or potluck. However, if you want fewer portions, you can easily cut this recipe in half.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.