Low Carb Crock Pot Ham
Are you looking for low carb holiday recipes? Our Low Carb Crock Pot Ham is a great family holiday recipe that even carb-lovers enjoy!
- 6-7 lb Fully Cooked Ham
- 1 cup sukrin gold or other brown sugar substitute
- 1 can coke zero
Place ham in 6-8 quart slow cooker (see note about ham size and shape). Dispose of any sauce packets that came with the ham.
Pour sugar free soda over top of the ham.
Press brown sugar substitute all over top of ham.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until ham reaches temperature suggested on packaging.
Remove ham from crock to slice and then return slices to juices for the most flavorful results.
- If you are looking for a traditional ham, you can find a full listing of all our holiday ham recipes here.
- If you are looking for more of our low carb recipes, you can find them here.
- You will need to pick out your ham to fit inside your slow cooker or cut it down to fit. We typically try to find a 6-7 lb ham that is the right shape for the 6-8 quart slow cooker we are wanting to use. If your ham is just a little too big to get the lid on tight you can wrap aluminum foil around the outside of the lid to keep the heat in.
- We use a fully cooked ham in this recipe. Check your ham's packaging to see if there are any specific temperatures your ham needs to cook to per the brand's suggestion. If a specific temperature is necessary, we love using this meat thermometer while we crock pot cook. We love that you can leave the probe inside the slow cooker and it will ring an alarm when the ham reaches the correct temperature.
- We use a sugar substitute called Sukrin Gold in this recipe, but you can use your favorite sugar substitute.
- We use coke zero in this recipe. But you can use any diet or sugar free cola.
- Cooking times will vary GREATLY on this recipe depending on your ham size/shape and how hot your slow cooker cooks. Check it regularly to make sure that you do not over cook your ham. All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.