Air Fryer Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Are you looking for a delicious side dish recipe? Our Air Fryer Bacon Brussels Sprouts is our favorite low carb salty snack or side to make in our Ninja Foodi!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 24 oz Frozen Brussels Sprouts thawed and halved
- 3 Tablespoons Bacon Fat or Lard
- 1/4 Cup Onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
In a skillet or the Ninja Foodi pot, heat fat over medium heat and saute onion, garlic, sprouts and seasonings, gently stirring often.
Cook until onions become tender and split the mixture into at least two batches. If using the Ninja Foodi, carefully wipe out and place the air crisper basket in the unit.
Add half of the batch to the air fryer basket, making sure that there is room for air to circulate the sprouts.
Set air crisper or air fryer to 390 and cook for 12-15 minutes and check for desired amount of crispness. We like ours slightly charred, so we often add more time to get the batch just right.
Once a batch is done, empty basket and salt to taste. Carefully dump out any charred bits in between batches.
- We prefer to use frozen Brussels sprouts in this dish because it is easy to make more on the spot. Keeping frozen bags in the freezer and make batches as needed is a must around here. Unfortunately, we have not tried making this recipe with fresh.
- We make this recipe in our Ninja Foodi but you can make it in any air fryer.
- Air fryers may cook differently. Always first test in your unit attended. Times may vary.
- More Ninja Foodi Recipes
- Find more Air Fryer Recipes here.
- Our Low Carb Recipes can be found here.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 640IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.2mg