Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Legs
Are you looking for an easy chicken drumstick electric pressure cooker recipe? Let us show you how quick it is to throw our Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Legs together. This buttery garlic main dish is low in carbs and has everyone asking for seconds.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Natural Release15 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 people
Electric Pressure Cooker
- 4 lbs lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Place chicken legs into the bottom of a 6 quart electric pressure cooker.
Whisk together your melted butter and spices and immediately pour evenly over your chicken.
Cook under high pressure for 20 minutes and naturally release for 15 minutes after cooking.
If you would like to brown up your chicken, place the thighs on a cookie sheet with a large, wide, slotted spoon and place in your oven on broil (Hi if you have the option of Hi/Lo) for 60-90 seconds, watching it closely.
- This is an adaptation of our Crock Pot Garlic Chicken Thighs.
- We have tested this recipe in both our Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi, but you can use any 6 quart electric pressure cooker.
- If you are using a larger electric pressure cooker, you may need to add additional liquid to reach pressure.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 201mg | Sodium: 943mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 805IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg