Electric Pressure Cooker Pork Carnitas (Low Carb)
Our Electric Pressure Cooker Pork Carnitas is so flavorful and tender. This easy low carb recipe can be made in your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Natural Release15 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 12 -10 servings
Electric Pressure Cooker
- 4 lb boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 1 tablespoon seasoned meat tenderizer salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
Cut your roast into quarters and sprinkle with a generous amount of meat tenderizer, cumin salt and pepper, set aside for later
Turn your Electric Pressure Cooker to the saute feature and heat oil over medium heat.
Once your oil is hot, sautee your onion for a couple of minutes, until it is just starting to get translucent
Put your garlic in your pot and cook for another minute
Push all of your onion and garlic to the side of your skillet and brown your roast pieces on all sides in the pot
Once browned, pour enchilada sauce on top and turn off saute feature
Place pressure cooker lid on top and seal. Cook under high pressure for 40 minutes and naturally release for 15 minutes before quick releasing.
Remove roast from pot and shred your roast with a couple of forks or stand mixer. Pour juices from the pot into a storage container.
If using a Ninja Foodi, place air crisp basket in the pot and air crisp pork in batches at 400 degrees for 10 minutes to crisp edges.
If using another electric pressure cooker, spread meat on a cookie sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes to crisp up some of the edges and serve in tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, burritos or on nachos
Store (and freeze) leftovers in juices.
- This is an electric pressure cooker adaptation of our Crock Pot Pork Carnitas.
- We have tested this recipe in a 6.5 quart Ninja Foodi and 6 quart Instant Pot but you can make it in any 6 quart electric pressure cooker.
- If you are counting carbs, pay special attention to the carb counts on the enchilada sauce choices you have in the grocery store.
- This recipe is freezer friendly.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 596mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 6g