Crock Pot Taco Bake Recipe
Crock Pot Taco Bake is an delicious adaptation of our popular oven recipe. Layers of chili cheese fritos, taco meat, cheese sauce, shredded cheese and more fritos bake up into a delicious casserole we love to serve over a bed of lettuce with all our favorite taco toppings!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 10 mins
- 9.25 oz Bag Chili Cheese Fritos Divided
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Envelopes Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- 2 Cans Cheddar Cheese Soup undiluted
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Serve with Lettuce and Favorite Taco Toppings
Place 3 cups of fritos in the bottom of your casserole crock pot or 6 quart slow cooker.
Prepare ground beef with taco seasonings and water per directions on seasoning packets.
Then spoon taco meat on top of fritos using a slotted spoon.
Blend together cheese soup with milk in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Then evenly pour soup over the top of your taco meat and cover with shredded cheese.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours until casserole is heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Crush remaining fritos and sprinkle on top before serving over lettuce and with favorite taco toppings.
- Since I was making my Crock Pot Taco Bake in my casserole crock, I doubled the original recipe. I also changed how I cooked it just a wee bit since I was using a slow cooker instead of the oven.
- We like to serve this recipe over lettuce with our favorite taco toppings and it tastes a bit like a walking taco- yum!