Crock Pot No Boil Mashed Potatoes
These Crock Pot No Boil Mashed Potatoes are so simple and let you make up delicious mashed potatoes without having to boil them first!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 10 -12 servings
- 5 lbs redskin potatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 2/3 cup butter softened and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Peel (if desired) and cube up your potatoes and place them in your crock pot
Pour chicken broth over all your potatoes
Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-8 hours, they are ready to be mashed when they are fork tender
Mash potatoes with your minced garlic, sour cream, cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper
Return to crock pot to keep warm until serving
- As with regular boiling of potatoes, the smaller you cut them the faster they will cook up. So if you need the longer cook time, cut your potatoes up into bigger cubes. Do you only have a couple hours? Cut your potatoes into smaller, thinner cubes. Just make sure you adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- Make sure you watch this closely the first time you make it in your crock pot. I know we say this all the time, but we really can't stress this enough. A good recipe can go really wrong if it is under or overcooked. Each crock pot cooks so differently, and, as I said above, the size of the cubes you cut your potatoes can greatly affect your cooking time.
- I used good ol' Cera for this recipe. Cera is my 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot. I love the easy cleanup, and 6-quarts was perfect size for 5 lbs of potatoes. So you can use your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- This recipe makes a ton of mashed potatoes...and they are yuuuuummmy, so this would be perfect for a pitch-in (what us Southern Hoosiers call potlucks) or cut it in half if you don't need so many. However, if you cut it in half, use a smaller crock pot and watch your time!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.