Crock Pot Shepherd's Pie
This Shepherd's Pie is a great one-pot meal!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 5 Russet Potatoes boiled and mashed with 1 tablespoon of milk (OR 2-4.1oz Idahoan Baby Reds Instant Mashed Potatoes packages, prepared, and 2 tablespoons of butter)
- 2 oz brown gravy mix (2 - 1 oz envelopes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 oz frozen sliced carrots not thawed
- 12 oz frozen peas not thawed
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- Optional: Sprinkling of paprika
Brown your ground beef with your onion in a skillet over medium-high heat, drain
Boil your potatoes, drain and mash with 1 tablespoon of milk (OR prepare your instant mashed potatoes per package instructions and add additional 2 tablespoons of butter to make them spreadable)
Mix together your beef mixture, brown gravy mixes, garlic powder, onion powder, carrots, peas and cream of mushroom soup
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
Pour your beef mixture into your crock pot
Spoon your mashed potatoes on top and spread evenly
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours
- I have made this with homemade mashed potatoes and with instant potatoes. We liked it both ways because we have found some instant potatoes that we absolutely love. However, if you hate instant mashed potatoes, go ahead and make your own! It was yummy both ways!
- I made this recipe twice in my Hamilton Beach Intellitime Slow Cooker and once in my Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker. Both did a great job. You can use your favorite 6-quart crock pot.
- You can adjust this recipe to meet your family's needs. Don't like peas, leave 'em out! Love carrots, add some more in! Do note though that as the recipe is, it almost fills a 6-quart crock pot, so adjust the size of your crock pot accordingly if you are adding a ton more veggies.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.