Crock Pot Garlic Pork Roast
Crock Pot Garlic Pork Roast- Such a quick, easy and flavorful family dinner idea!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time7 hrs
Total Time7 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 3-4 lb pork roast
- 4 cloves garlic cut into fourths
- 1 t dried thyme
- ½ t ground sage
- ½ t ground cloves
- 1 t salt
- 1 t lemon zest
- 2 T cold water
- 2 T cornstarch
Take a knife and cut 16 slits in your roast
Place your garlic slivers in the slits
Mix together your seasonings and lemon zest and rub all over your roast
Put your roast in your crock pot
Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 4-5 hours
Let your roast stand for 10 minutes before you slice it (or try to slice it)
Take out your garlic slivers and discard
Pour the juices through a colander into a saucepan
Place the saucepan on your stove over medium heat and bring it to a boil
Combine your water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved
Pour slowly into your saucepan, stirring continually for about 5 minutes until it thickens
Serve gravy over your roast
- I made up this delicious Crock Pot Garlic Herb Pork Roast in my West Bend 6-Quart Round Slow Cooker. It worked out perfectly. It was big enough that I didn't have to cram my roast in and the round shape also worked well. Your favorite 6 quart crock pot would work too.
- Recipe is from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.