Crock Pot Cinnamon Apples
A fantastic dinner side made with fresh apples.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 3 lbs Gala Apples- Cored and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup brown sugar- packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 1 stick of butter- sliced
Place your apples in your 6 quart slow cooker
In a bowl, mix your sugars and cinnamon and then sprinkle on top of your apples.
Drizzle with your extract.
Place butter slices evenly on top.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, occasionally stirring.
- We cook this up in our 6 quart slow cookers like this one.
- This is a dinner side dish recipe. If you want your apples to be sweeter, you will need to add more sugar to taste.
- We used gala apples but you can use the apple of your choice.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.