Crock Pot Salted Caramel Apple Spoon Cake
This Crock Pot Salted Caramel Apple Cake is so simple and the perfect recipe for a yummy night in or to take to a potluck!
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 2 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 20 oz cans apple pie filling
- 16.5 oz white cake mix
- 12 oz bag salted caramel bits
- 1/4 cup butter sliced
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
Pour your apple pie filling in the bottom of your crock and spread it out
Sprinkle your white cake mix evenly over the top
Top with your salted caramel bits
Place your butter slices around the edges on top of everything
Place 6-8 paper towels on top of your crock pot
Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on high
- Do you have fresh apples sitting around and want to use those instead of a can of apple pie filling? You are in luck! Cris made up this yummy Homemade Apple Pie Filling in her crock pot!
- My store had salted caramel bits in the baking aisle. If your grocery store only has regular caramel bits, that will work too.
- Since this is a cake in a crock pot, you will want to fold up 6-8 paper towels and put them under your lid to keep the moisture that gathers on the lid from dripping down on to your cake.
- I pulled out good ol’ Cera (my 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot). I find that using a 6-quart crock pot for cakes gives it the room to rise and cooks it through to the center really well. There are a few cakes where Cassie (my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot) has done really well, but I have also had a lot of flops with cakes in the casserole crock, so I usually just start out with one of my 6-quart crock pots.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.