Crock Pot Cream Cheese Caramel Dip
This three ingredient dip is gonna cRock your world!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese cubed
- 11 oz bag of caramels unwrapped
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Serve with your favorite apples
Put your cubed cream cheese and unwrapped caramels in your crock pot
Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on your crock pot)
Around 10-15 minutes in, look to see if your cream cheese and caramels have started melting
Once they start melting, stir frequently until well blended
Stir in your powdered sugar until it is mixed in really well
Serve with apple slices
- This recipe is fast, so you have to watch it. I repeat, you have to watch this recipe closely. If you do not watch this recipe closely, I am guessing you will have a nasty mess on your hands. So, I beg of you, check on this often. The total cook time was only about a half hour for me (it may not be the same for your crock pot), so it isn't hard at all. As soon as you see the cream cheese and caramel start melting, get to stirrin'!
- So as I was telling Cris about how scrumdiddlyumptious this dip was and how it was SO worth the little bit of effort it takes to make sure the caramels get melted down, she tells me that the grocery store she goes to has something called Caramel Bits for recipes just like this! That's the difference between living close to a city or in the middle of corn fields folks! So if you have caramel bits available to you, go for it! Cris has used them in her yummy Crock Pot Caramel Dip and they worked wonderfully.
- In the picture, you might see some "lumps" in my dip. This is just where I didn't stir it until smooth. Honestly, I really like the lumps in it, but if you don't think you will, go ahead and stir until it is super smooth.
- I used Dotty (my 2.5 Quart Circle Crock Pot with pretty purple dots) for this recipe. You don't need a very big crock pot for this one.
- If you are going to be serving a ton of people, then you will want to double or triple this recipe (which will change the size of crock pot you need). I promise you it will disappear faster than you say super-amazing-deliciousness-on-an-apple!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.