Easy Crock Pot Caramel Pie
This pie is a cinch to make and is so delectable!
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 31 mins
Servings: 8 -12 servings
- 28 oz sweetened condensed milk (2 - 14 oz cans)
- 9 inch graham cracker crust
- whipped cream
Coat your crock pot well with cooking spray
Pour your sweetened condensed milk in your crock pot
Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours (the time will vary depending on what size of crock pot you use)
Start stirring every 15 minutes after 1.5 hours (if using a larger crock pot) or 2.5 hours (if using a smaller crock pot)
When the mixture is golden and not too thick, spoon into your pie crust and chill completely
Serve with whipped cream
- I used Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker) for this recipe. I started stirring it at an hour and a half and it was done in two hours. If you don't have a 6-quart crock pot, you can definitely use a smaller one, it will just make your cooking time differ.
- I do want to let you know that this is the first recipe I've done in Sir Hamilton that I haven't been able to spray the liner out clean with my kitchen sink sprayer. I had to *gasp* use a cloth to wipe everything out. Granted, it required absolutely no effort, but I wanted to note that since this recipe might stick to a normal crock pot pretty easily. You will want to wash the crock as soon as it is at a safe temperature to wash.
- Something else you should probably know, this pie is extremely rich. I am a sweet lover and rarely say something it extremely rich, but when I cut the first piece (about 1/6th of the whole pie), I had to share it with Michael. So I would recommend cutting the pie into 8 pieces or more.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.