Crock Pot Tuscan Bean Soup
Crock Pot Tuscan Bean Soup is a flavorful Italian inspired recipe that is perfect for the slow cooker whether it is for family dinner or a potluck.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb sausage browned and drained.
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup to 1 celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced (We use freeze dried instead)
- 14.5 oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 15.5 oz can Great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese
Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker except your spinach
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours
Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- This Crock Pot Tuscan Bean Soup is altered from a recipe in Gooseberry Patch's Fresh and Easy Family Meals.
- We like to use our browning slow cookers for this recipe since you need to brown your sausage before slow cooking. We've used both our Cuisinart 6 Qt 3 in 1 Slow Cooker and our new West Bend 84966 Versatility Oval-Shaped 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker (Here is a page of all our slow cookers.) Any 5 to 6 qt slow cooker should work just fine.
- We used Great Northern Beans but Navy Beans would work just fine.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.